Friday, January 29, 2010

Five Question Friday




HolyFridaydiggity!!! I can't believe that it is already Friday. I had to look at the calendar six times, consult my wrist watch, check the date on my phone and I still didn't really believe it....until I saw that Mama M had her 5 questions up and running. It was like seeing a vision of Barney in the icing on my cinnamon roll, it must be true!

Friday in the blogoshphere means Five Question Friday with Mama M. You can click on the shiny button above (You know you want to...) or any of 2 times I typed the name Mama M (wait that makes it 3 now...) I would love to see you come out and play with us.

The following is Mama M's (now that is 4 times) own rules...

Questions for Friday, 1/29/10
: (Muchos gracias to my friends, Lisa P., Liz, Megan, and Thorney London for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Just leave me a question suggestion here, in my community! It's fun and totally not scary...I promise! Check it out!)

1. Would you ever vacation alone?

At this time in my life I am currently considering (or being considered) for a vacation all alone. I don't have my bags packed or anything, but I know that my wardrobe is all picked out for me. It's a nice white ensemble (not real thrilled on that since white is not slimming and I am accident prone) that comes with this super cool jacket with buckles. I am going to get my own little room and I have been told that the decor is on the minimalist side but that is so it doesn't detract from the view through the little window with the vertical poles that add accent to the view. The staff is super friendly and is always trying to get you to lie down and just relax. I hear that any minute now..."they're coming to take me away"

2. Do you go the speed limit?

I was told by a very wise person when I was in Driver's Ed (that was 18 years ago...do your math quick!) that the signs that have the black lettering are mere suggestions, the red ones are the ones you must follow. Never mind that this person was also 15 (still doing that math, huh?) I took that advice to heart...well, up until my 3rd speeding ticket (the 1st and 2nd were obviously rookies on the force and not up to date on speeding protocol) Since then I just kinda hang with the flow of traffic and stick to somewhere close to the posted numbers. Besides...it's really hard to give the baby a bottle, spank the leg of the toddler who is kicking the back of your seat, change the radio station and the movie I am watching in the DVD player when I hit 95.
Still never seen one of those elusive red signs!

3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?

I started blogging as a way to keep my family and friends up to date with the many goings-on of my life. I continued blogging as an outlet to keep me from spiraling into utter despair at the fact that I was changing two sets of diapers, coming up with 47 recipes using chicken nuggets and had not once been invited to a black tie event. I started following blogs when I realized that I was not alone and enjoyed reading the stories of other moms out there. I have also found a few sites that had 48-53 recipes on chicken nuggets.

4. Where do you shop for yourself?

Shop for who? Myself? *gasp* You mean I can do that? Something for little ole' me without having to pick up some Dora panties, the latest Lego project with 5,985,237 new little pieces to get lodged in-between my toes and another 3 gallons of milk?
*Swoon*
If shopping just for me I love hitting the Cold Water Creek website, my budget however disagrees with me and I usually just go to consignment stores, wait for birthday money or pick up a new shirt next to the Dora panties.

5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?

While we did not have the "traditional" formal wedding, we chose to save our money and pay $30 to a judge and spend the "wedding budget" on my ring instead (it was well worth it, trust me!) If we could have had a first song to dance to it would have been....hang on, consulting with The Head Crayon on this one....
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy-Rod Stewart (Yup, we could've tripped the light fandango on that one!)



MckLinky Blog Hop



7 comments:

CM said...

They're coming to take me away, uh huh, they're coming to take me away!!! He he he.

How did you get speeding tickets? Didn't they know who your dad was? :-)

I would recite the Rod Stewart lyrics by heart but your other readers may not get the humor!

Mama M. said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm texting you with an idea that I had a while ago...but I think you've cemented it!

Emily said...

You are such a hoot! Love your answers!

An Imperfect Momma said...

LOL....I'm with you on...oh wait someones at the door. Yup...they're coming to take me away too - woohoo! Oops did I say that out loud? LOL

Kris Ann K. Erickson said...

Oh, FUN answers!!! LOVE, LOVE! Will be following you! :-)

Happy Friday!

Kelly said...

Holy laughter! I hope you have a VERY good relaxing vacation! haha!

Jill aka Fruit Loop said...

I just giggled so hard I almost woke my kiddos up :) You are hilarious! Thanks for brightening my night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails