Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Remember When We...

Yesterday on Facebook (by the way if we aren't friends you can find me here) I asked my friends to tell how we met. The kicker was that they had to lie. Yup, just make something up. Turns out I am pretty adventurous if you didn't know it! I thought it would be fun to include some of them here for you to read so you could see all the great ways I have made friends. For some reason copy & pasting from FB provided all sorts of little "query" boxes and stuff. Sorry about that! Feel free to join in on FB or leave a comment about how we "really" me...


  • Totally rockin Black Sabbath concert!! You were head banging and slammed into my head. We both woke up in the parking lot with matching tattoos. You were wearing my shoes and I smelled like White Diamond, but other than that, it was a pretty normal first encounter.
    20 hours ago ·
  • Crayon Wrangler
    Connie,
    I totally remember that. That was a rockin' concert and I look back on my tattoo of the Geico lizard driving an 18 wheeler across my forehead with much fondness of how we met.
    I'm glad that you finally got out of prison for mauling t...hat sweet little old lady for her platform shoes that you just had to have. If you hadn't had used her "White Diamond" perfume from the purse you lifted from her, the blood hounds would have never found us in that boxcar eating all the Girl Scout cookies that we could. To this day I can't eat a Samoa cookie without thinking of you.

    • In jail. I TOLD you that body wasnt buried deep enough to fool the po-po.
      20 hours ago
    • Crayon Wrangler
      Brandy,

      I don't think it was the fact that the body wasn't buried deep enough. It was more the fact that you insisted that we bury the body in that huge flower pot that was sitting outside the Police station that held their annual Christmas ...tree. I didn't think it was smart to put that sign in the dirt of it either that said "Don't look for a dead body here" but as always you have that strange sense of humor and I just laughed and went along with it.

      Did you ever finish that community service project of picking up the pine needles with a pair of tweezers nationwide?
       
      • At a competition. When they broke out the white t-shirts, and pitchers of water, I knew we had it in the bag.
        19 hours ago ·
        • Crayon Wrangler
          Amanda H,
          I still have my white t-shirt. The emblem has faded a little over time. The "Great Jalapeno Eat-Off" can barely be read now. I still can't believe that I won that contest. I remember sitting there next to you. There was blood, swea...t and tears that turned us from bitter rivals to life long friends. You were the smart one though. You knew when enough was enough and when to quit. I kept going and now suffer a life of demolished taste buds that render all food totally tasteless.
          Thank God for those pitchers of water though.
          19 hours ago ·
        • Glad you cleared that up, here I was thinking you and Amanda won the wet tshirt contest
          19 hours ago ·

        • 19 hours ago ·
        • Crayon Wrangler
          Brandy,

          Oh we did. That was the next year. We didn't intentionally enter though. We were on a small whaling vessel petitioning the cruelty that plankton face. In all of our sign waving and jumping we managed to capsize our small ship. Days p...assed as we paddled towards where we believed land was. We faced sunburns, dehydration and she saved me from a hammerhead shark. By the time we finally stumbled onto shore, we managed to walk right into Spring Break. Looking for help and first aid we called out. Several other girls ran over, water was thrown and while the other girls hollered and paraded around...we lapped up the water. After it was all done, we had somehow won the contest and were awarded $500 each. We used that money to open up a Plankton Research center.See More
          19 hours ago

          • You showed up on my doorstep one day and I said to your dad, "can I keep her?" We did and are so glad!
            19 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Mom,

            I never dreamed that the hot air balloon would have gotten caught in that tornado and taken me all the way to Texas. It was just my luck that the eagle landed on top of the balloon and decided to peck at it. As I began to plummet down t...o earth, I thought "Nothing good can come from this"
            Luckily all those pine trees broke my fall and I tumbled out of the basket that was hanging from the top right onto your front porch. As I stood to dust myself off, you opened the door.
            I guess something good did come from it!
            See More
            19 hours ago ·
          • I wish I had half your imagination and creativity!
            19 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            I won the imagination and creativity in a lucky hand at a Poker game. The guy I was playing (nice guy with a white beard) put them on the table and I won them. I'm still looking for that guy because he stole the napkikn I was writing some i...nstructions on how to play poker on..."you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em".
            I heard he turned it into a song.
            See More
            18 hours ago ·
          • You were in high school, 15 or 16, we were at church camp, I believe. I know the next year they came up with a lot of new rules that no one had ever knew needed to be rules, you always made life fun. Watch when your kids go to camp, God does have a sense of humor. Thanks for the memories.
            18 hours ago
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Judy,

            So do you still have your manual that gives the rules of
            1.) No camper is allowed to go out at night, kidnap an armadillo and apply makeup to it.
            2.) There will be no armadillo beauty contests where betting is allowed.
            ...3.) No camper is allowed to tie another camper inside a canoe at the top of a pine tree.
            4.) No camper is allowed to impersonate a Pizza delivery person and deliver fake cardboard pizzas to a camp leader and receive more than $100 for payment of pizzas.

            So glad I was able to expose all these things that needed to be used as rules! Thank you for the memories!
            See More
            18 hours ago
          • we were at this church were a squirrel got loose and we volunteered for missions in the congo! ray stevens even sung a song about it!
            18 hours ago
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Annette,

            That's not my fault. I told you that squirrel wasn't dead when you put it on your head and said you were going to see if you could convince everyone it was a midget coon skin hat. Serves you right that it would jump to life and bit ...off half your ear. I still can't believe it actually got into that fight with Ms. Gertrude's mink coat. I'll never forget the sound of the snarling! It was a good idea to fake a mission trip to the Congo after Ms. Gertrude's husband pulled out that match and tried to light the squirrel on fire. Who knew that the church would go up in flames like that! They'll never find us in the Congo and its better that everyone just forget about the squirrel incident.See More
            18 hours ago
          • Crazy little story...I was fishing in lake Michigan and saw your body floating nearby. I almost didn't pick you up to see if you were alive because I knew the hassle it would cause from the po po. I fished you out anyway and used my stealth like reflexes to deliver a life saving blow to your abdomen. It did two things 1. It popped a fish right out of your airway and 2. Inflated your chest to unmeaseurable proportions. We always laughed because I caught an 8pt dear that day in lake Michigan!!!!
            18 hours ago
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Amanda D,
            I am so lucky you came across me that day. I had been doing an gig being an extra for a swim on part in a documentary about the Loch Ness monster. I saw someone filming from the shore shouting about how it was really Nessie and I t...ried to call out and tell them it was fake. Right then a fish swam in my mouth choking me. If you watch the real footage of Nessie you can see me on the top right flailing away.

            Thank you for saving me and for the chest expansion. That's the main reason I won that contest with Amanda H. mentioned above!
            See More
            18 hours ago
          • We were at the gun control rally... remember, that picture us us made national news because of your awesome anti-gun poster! We signed up for PETA together after our picture was taken, and we've been activist buddies every since!
            15 hours ago
          • We were out wrangling on the trail when we ran into some colorful characters who were tall but melting in the sun. We wrangled up those characters and put them in a freezer box to solidify them again. We have been wrangling together since.
            15 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Amy,

            You know if you had told me before I held up my sign that Penal Code 626.9 was NOT spelled "PENILE" Code...then we would have never made it on the news that day. Good thing I can't spell and we were able to spread our cause. It's a sham...e that it looked like I was into supporting Penile though.
            I wished you had told me too that P.E.T.A. was not an acronym for People Eating Tasty Animals...I was only there for the cookbook and somehow ended up on a whaling vessel as mentioned above with Amanda H.
            Glad we became activist buddies though...I have been needing a running partner for my Activist schedule.
            What do you mean that "Activist" is not fancy for activity?? I thought I was signing up for a running buddy. What do you mean we are tying ourselves to trees next week???
            See More
            14 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Eileen,

            That was the best day ever. I can't tell you how much fun it was to ride up on that herd of characters and discover my life's purpose. I told you that day that we needed to crawl out from under the couch and abandon that mission on w...rangling dustbunnies. They were too sneaky and kept banding up with The Goldfish Cracker clan. Together they were just too much for us to defeat without Mr. Hoover being able to join us. Thanks for joining me on the range and helping me wrangle all those crayons.See More
            14 hours ago ·
          •  Now, now... the media ate up the whole "I didn't know how to spell it" story... but you and I both know that you misspelled your sign for the attention. You can own it. It's okay! We're infamous! And yeah, that cookbook was bland.
            14 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Amy,

            Wait a minute...infamous by the dictionary means "having an extremely bad reputation" I'm sticking to my story and you can own the bad rep.
            Next time we go to a P.E.T.A. meeting, let's bring salt...oh and I'll pick up the burgers this ti...me for the noon break.See More
            14 hours ago ·
          • We were both trying to get a great picture of a bear when it started coming after us i backed up into a creek and slipped on a mossy rock and you saved my life thank you for that
            14 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Alicia,

            I still can't believe that you laughed so hard that you fell into that creek. I also can't believe that you didn't notice right away that it was not a bear but a super hairy man crouched taking a poo in the woods. By the time I got y...ou to see what it really was...I don't think we have ever laughed that hard before. I also can't believe that someone stole your camera and is passing off that blurry picture of that man running away from us as some kind of Bigfoot sighting.

            You are welcome for saving your life, but I must confess to you. I was actually reaching out to grab the strap of your pack that you were carrying. It had all the chocolate in it and I didn't want it dumped in the creek. Lucky that you held onto the pack as well and you were also saved.
            See More
            14 hours ago ·
          •  Well thank God I had the chocolate
            14 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...
          • We met on the battlefield where I was battling you to keep my beloved (Johnny Depp) from you evil grip! I beat you and went home with him and we lived happily ever after!
            12 hours ago ·
          • While we were training to be astronauts at NASA. I totally kicked your @$$ in the centrifuge...you never could take those negative g's! Remember how good our hair looked afterwards? We were totally Whitesnake video worthy!
            12 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Debra,

            I am surprised to see you up and around. That was a heck of a lump you took on your noggin when you fell off that pirate ship at Disney Land. Leave it to you to be horsing around on the ride. I am so sorry that you fell though.
            I never... thought you would wake from that coma. You laid there for months and every now and then would whisper something about Johnny Depp. We brought him in once thinking that it would bring some sort of miracle about. He held your hand for about an hour and then we realized you weren't going to wake. I cried on his shoulder and then he took me out for a night of dancing.
            I hated that you missed it but am so thankful that you apparently had wonderful dreams during your coma.
            See More
            12 hours ago ·
          •  Lol well while you were typing this he came to his senses and came home to me!!!
            12 hours ago ·
          • Crayon Wrangler
            Angie,


            It was so cool that you actually got hired at NASA. You are right I never could take those negative g's. Did you know when you were signing all your paper work and dedicating your life to NASA, I went out to the curb for a taxi. I was... so depressed about not making the NASA team.

            This limo pulled up and this guy jumped out. He said "having a bad day"...I replied..."Here I go again" I meant that I was going to cry again, but he said it would make a great title song. He asked me to join him and I said

            "Here I go again on my own

            goin' down the only road I've ever known.

            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.

            An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time"

            He wrote something down, asked me to sign it and drove away. Turned out I signed away some rights to a song.See More
            12 hours ago
             
             

2 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Wow, Girlie! You have led quite a life! :)

Shell said...

Oh, this is such a fun thing to do! I love your responses to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails