Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life Buffet Style - All You Can Eat

Last night as I was going to bed, I was thinking about what all I had to get done. 'Cause that always makes for a peaceful drop off into sleep oblivion. Ummm-no. It got me to wondering about the phrase "my plate is full." Which got my always hungry mind to think about an "All You Can Eat Buffet"

It's funny how your mind makes comparisons of things at 1am.

Life really is like an "All You Can Eat Buffet"

You get a plate (Your Life) and go from section to section to see what you want to eat (Choices you make for your life) As you move from the fried chicken, pot roast, ham and b.b.q; you begin to put a little of each that looks good onto your plate. Then you hover over the beans, peas, corn, casseroles, etc. All the while putting small portions of everything that looks good on your plate. By the time you lug your 30lb plate back to the table, you look at your bounty and wonder how on earth am I going to eat all of this? It all looked so good at the time that you had to grab it, but once you got a portion of each; it is way too much for you to actually eat. Talk about feeling overwhelmed.

The strangest thing about feeling overwhelmed is that you chose to put every item on your plate. (Committed to your choices) You did not have to get all 6 meats offered, you could have chosen just one. If you did finish your smaller portions, you can always go back and try something else if you are still hungry.

How about making a choice in your life to simply your plate? Decide on the few things that look really good and see if you have room for the ice cream with sprinkles at the end.

Make sense? Well, it did at 1am.

5 comments:

{Kimber} said...

I NEED to simplify my plate!!
great post... :)

Unknown said...

I agree! I think this is where being a woman is a bit harder. Men seem to be able to say no without feeling bad. Me, on the other hand, I can't say no to anyone!

Carla S said...

Yes, we all need a lesson in saying "NO." Say it with me, "No, thank you."

Definitely easier said than done, eh?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that! It makes COMPLETE sense (then again I am pretty sleep deprived myself) *hugs* :)

Jes said...

Great Post... It makes GREAT sense...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails