Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blah Blah Blogging

*Blah Blah Blogging is a term I created on my old blog. It was for when I did not have a specific topic to talk about, just a lot of Blah Blah Blah.

So if you are here then you must have gotten the memo, tweet, peep or squawk that I was moving from WordPress. It's not that I disliked WordPress, but most of my blogosphere buds were on Blogger and I loved the Friend Connect, reader thingie-ma-bob, designs, etc. and much like my bangs from the 80s; just wanted a change. I had been working with some Blogger friends about importing my other blog to here and it was discovered that unless I wanted to devote the next 15 weeks to manually transporting it, I should just start over. I added a RSS feed in the sidebar that is linked to the old blog so the posts can still be accessed from this site and are not lost forever in the bloggy blackhole.

If you are just now joining me, let me do a little intro...

First thing you will notice is that I have a tendency to jump from topic to topic not just within my blog but in a single post. I do not have ADD...

look a banana

I digress. What was I saying again? Oh, yeah; being random. I type just the way it comes in my head. My posts take no planning and have no outline. Structure is for the weak. While I am blogging, I am also mom to two of the rowdiest girls you have ever met. That means that while I am typing, I am also jumping up to make a sandwhich, resuce a horse from certain toilet whirlpool death, pet the husband, love the dog (that one might have been backwards, but ya know) throw a burnt meal in the trash and cook another one before The Man makes it to the table. It gets plain nutty around here and it shows (much like my slip at prom) through my writing.

I blog, therefore I am. You will never see a wonderful recipe or the best craft ever here. I do good with nuking a hot dog and making paper angels. I don't do contests because the only thing I can afford to give away is a smile. I will seldom ask you to look any deeper into yourself than your make-up and I will never give advice on parenting or marriage. Frankly, I have to figure it out before I can advise someone on it and I am far from that.

We are walking, we are walking...

I am a SAHM. Mostly. The Man and I do own a small side business and I often toddle off to help him out on the weekends (Note: there are few posts over the weekends) My spawn darling girls are 3.5 yrs and 22 months. I am pregnant and we don't know if it will be panties or boxers quite yet. I have been married for 10 years (this month) and will tell you right now...that better or worse thing...you better mean it! We have a "traditional" marriage which means he makes the money and I spend it he brings home the bacon and I fry it. I don't consider me cooking and him taking out the trash as sexist or old fashioned, it just works better for us (the trash is heavy and the stove requires little feet to cook in front of it. We are in our God-given roles) As a mother the one thing (other than God, that's a given) that I want my children to learn from me is "To Color Outside The Lines" (hello, blog title) Meaning...reach beyond your boundries, dream big and make your world the way that you want it to be.

Nicknames? Who's Who?

Buzz - she is the oldest at 3 1/2 years. She got the nickname "Buzz" because there was a recent incident of a lack of adult supervision and daddy's electric hair clippers. 'Nuff said.

Belly - she will be 2 in October. Her nickname is well deserved by the massive amounts of food she consumes *healthy choices of course* and the fact that she outweighs her older sister by 15lbs.

The Man - husband. The Man of the house.

Does that cover about everything? I think so.

Look another banana...

Toodles for now.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Mama M. said...

Yay!! Yipee!! Yahoo!!!!! So glad you aren't a Wordpress weirdo anymore! I'm following you (doesn't that sound a little, um, creepy...see ya at the Blog Hop? Poodle skirts and saddle shoes, not required! ;)

CharityVL said...

Welcome to Blogger. Now I can follow you and be your friend! Kinda sounds like 6th grade, doesn't it?

So Who Is The Crayon Wrangler? said...

So do you like me?
Check Yes or No
Yes
No

LOL!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails