Monday, July 26, 2010

Blogological Dig

Today for the 31dbbb challenge I am unearthing an old post that a lot of you may not have seen. We are getting our tools and stylish khaki rugged wear and going on a Blogological dig.

Someone Tried To Poison My Kids - Kinda


We have all heard the rumors about Halloween candy being passed out with razor blades in it. You never really think that something like that might happen, but it is always in the back of your mind.

Halloween for us started off busy. Trying to do a little packing, some painting, The Man had to go buy a new car and getting ready to Trick or Treat. So as I scurried around trying to get things done, I got a little sloppy and spilled paint on my kitchen cabinets. Not having time to go to the store and pick up some Goo Gone, I called family. My mom ended up having some and told me that she would pour me some in a bottle and give it to me that night when we saw her.

Hours passed and it was finally time to go. I dropped The Man off at the car lot and proceeded to go to my sister's house for the Trick or Treating. It was then that I realized that I had forgotten the kids' pumpkins for their loot. I tried to go back home, but realized that I had given The Man the garage door opener and therefore, couldn't get in the house. I called my sister and she had a couple of extras so we just went on.

My brain was fried by this time, retaining no knowledge of any previous conversations.

Got to my sister's and visited for a little bit before we went to gather loads of candy. My mother had brought a bag for me with coupons and such in it. I didn't look in it at the time. After the candy gathering, I gave my sister her bags back and dumped all the kids' candy in the bag my mother had brought for me.

Do you remember that my mom was bringing me Goo Gone? I didn't.

Fast forward until today. I finally got out a big glass bowl to dump all the candy in. In dumping the candy, I noticed this bottle with something in it...I thought at first it was bubbles or something, but the color was wrong. My heart began to pound as I opened the top and sniffed it. Definitely a chemical of some kind. My mind flashed to the razor blade scenario. Would it be inconceivable for someone sick and twisted to put a liquid in a candy bag for a child to drink? Nope, not in my mind.

I screamed to my husband to come look at it. I then launched into my plan. I would put it in a plastic bag to preserve whatever fingerprints may be on it. I would then go look at the map and have all the street names of where we had visited that night. Then I would call the police to alert them to the situation and take my bag in to be analyzed. A news reporter would come to my house and interview me, praising me for my keen observation of this liquid. I would save countless other children who may have received this poison. The city would recognize me as a hero, I would never pay taxes again....

OK, well actually we can stop at the call police department part. I had the phone in my hand to make the call. I was sweating, crying and worrying myself sick...

...then The Man asks me if my mother ever gave me that bottle of Goo Gone.

DUH.

If you think that sounds like a crazy day try this POST where I talk about being the mayor of Crazy Town.

Or maybe you would like this POST where I state there would be no more B.S. in my house.

Finally I introduce you to this POST where things just go wrong and it figures!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Goo Gone, not Goof Off! Your Mom

Wayfaring Pilgrim said...

Why is it that when confronted with certain "starnge" facts, our imaginations go into overdrive? Hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

OK, I am sorry but I am seriously LAUGHING out loud.
That is SO funny. I can almost see how serious you were and all the plans you were making to bust that person. I am going to have to read a few more posts cause they are funny! I found you on Nirvana Mamma and I am glad I did.

Amo said...

I worry about my son being poisoined on Halloween, too! I can totally see you forgetting about the goo gone. Halloween can be a stressful day because you want everything to be fun and just right for your kids!

Bethany said...

Wow, lost it a little, did ya?

This reminded me of the year that my kids got candy that looked just like cigarettes. I was so ticked! Maybe it was just my warped mind that made them look like that...no. I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me. People are crazy.

Anyway - glad your kids didn't get poisoned with the Goo Gone. You might have bumped me from my poison control throne.

Jamie H said...

I remember the original post of this :) Too funny!

Ofthesea said...

Looool! Your posts live up to your tweets, lady!

Look forward to lots more of both.

Now be off and fight more crime!

M :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails