Thursday, April 8, 2010

5 Question Friday, Ultimate Blog Party and Friday Follow *Whew*

Much like the time that my 2 year old jammed a bunch of toys down the toilet...this Friday is FULL!!!! We have 5 question Friday with Mama M, the Ultimate Blog Party 2010 with 5 Minutes For Mom and Friday Follow.


First a little introduction for those who are new to Coloring Outside The Lines. I am The Crayon Wrangler. I am *mostly* a SAHM to 3 girls (4yo, 2yo and 3mo)...that's a whole lot of pink, lace, squeals and thrills. I have been married to The Head Crayon for 10 years and have co-owned a commercial cleaning business with him for 13 years (Yup. I married the boss. Easiest way to get a raise and some time off)
This blog was created 4 years ago at the birth of my first daughter and has slowly been growing up right along with all of us. I mostly blog about being a mom, throw in some humor, some religion, some work stuff, some family dynamic stuff....well, I guess you can say I blog about it all.
My quest in parenting is to teach my children to "color outside the lines", meaning to define who they are through their own creativity and to not accept the rules of what they have to be because of their gender, age or any other demographic that might label them. I am also on a quest to conquer the dust bunny king, eat a hot meal once a week and wrangle all the straggling crayons in the house.
You can find me on Twitter as well. I am the mom that twitters about how her kid is licking the fresh produce at the store so don't buy it, providing insight on how many oatmeal cookies are too many since they contain high amounts of fiber and losing my car in the parking lot.
I hope to see you around, just don't color on the walls...mm'kay?

There is also PRIZES to win with this party (not the little baggy of candy and bubbles either) If I were to win, this is what I would have in my grab bag...

**GRAND PRIZE at the Ultimate Blog Party 2010 is a Toshiba Satellite L505D-ES5025**

3 – Win a $150 shopping spree at A Rocking Horse To Love.
Provided by: A Rocking Horse To Love
Follow here: 5 Minutes for Mom or Visit Our Fan Page: A Rocking Horse To Love

6 – Hand Stamped Personalized Necklace valued at $48 The Double Stacked A Lot Of Love.
Provided by: Kristen’s Custom Creations
Follow here: KLA Custom or Visit Our Fan Page: Kristen’s Custom Creations

19 – Prize package of preschool toys! KOTA & PALS HATCHLINGS – (PLAYSKOOL/Ages 3 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99), TONKA CHUCK & FRIENDS CHUCK MY TALKING TRUCK (TONKA/Ages 3 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $34.99), PLAY-DOH Coco-Nutty Monkey (Ages 3 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $12.99), PLAY-DOH MINI BUCKET (Ages 3 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $4.99)
Provided by: HasbroFollow here: playskool or Visit Our Fan Page: Playskool

76 – One Sentimental Silver personalized “Silver Sweethearts” necklace. Necklace will be customized with two names or words to be selected by the winner.
Provided by: Sentimental Silver Jewelry
Visit Our Fan Page: Sentimental Silver

USC 10 – One winner will receive a beautiful handmade glass pendant with their choice of chain. The piece is made by me with care using glass and paper.
The design I will give away is called “Lilac“.Provided by: The Glass Polkadot Co.
Visit Our Fan Page: The Glass Polkadot Co.

97 – One winner will receive a beautiful handmade wire and colorful bead necklace from the mission-driven company, Ana Patricia!
Provided by: Erin @ Home with the Boys
Follow here: homewiththeboys

SEE...I told you there were some great prizes and those don't even scratch the surface of the prize list!!!


Now for 5 Question Friday with Mama M at My Little Life. Wanna link up to your own 5 questions? Do it HERE.

I know...dry your tears...there will be no Vlog this time. I wish I had a creative reason such as my webcam won't work, I can't upload my video; but the truth is I am too lazy to get it hooked up today and find a shirt without baby spit up on it.

So you'll just have to deal with the written word and imagine my accent saying it.

Here are the questions...

1. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?

I would want "Me" to play me. I have been working on the part for 33 years now and I got all the lines, accent and body gestures down to a science. Nobody could pull off "Me" like me.

2. Did you ever go to summer camp?

Yes I did. I have some PTSD from it too. I was the kid that they sent on a "Snipe Hunt", put shaving cream in my hand, froze my underwear, etc. You know...come to think about it...I just can't talk about this anymore. I am getting sweaty and shaky just thinking about it.

3. What sends you running and screaming in the other direction?

Crickets. Of all the things in this world to be afraid of...snakes, spiders, boogey man, high calorie foods...I got plagued with a fear of crickets. The mind is a strange thing indeed. The thing about crickets is they are so durn unpredictable when they jump. One minute they are on the floor, the next minute they are in your hair.

4. What is something you do that drives your spouse nuts?

According to him: Talk. According to me: Nothing. I am perfect. (BTW, if you want to ask him this question yourself there is a thread in my community linked in my sidebar where he is answering YOUR questions on Saturday)

5. What is currently your favorite song?

Plum - Safe In My Arms. I sing it to Bitsy every night and I get the sweetest sleepy smiles. Well, except for when I hit the high notes. We don't really need to discuss the baby wailing and the dog howling though.



2 comments:

outer banks girl said...

awwww how cute!!! I love your blog, especially the header.

If you had the time (which I totally understand if you don't) could you please stop by my blog?
http://www.outerbanksgirl.com/

Lynn said...

It was great stopping by your blog from the UBP party.. Looking forward to checking out your blog...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails