I have been trying to come up with a clever name for it, but can't seem to find anything that "snaps" like I want it to. I would like to do these on Tuesdays.
Can any of you think of a catchy name that connects "lessons" and "Tuesdays"?
Do you have some lessons in basic parenting that you would like to contribute to this list? I will update it through today.
Alrighty...class is in order. Here are your lessons for today...
Monkey Mae's Lesson:
- I am a new mommy...Monkey Mae is only eight months old. But I have learned that no matter how fabulous a pair of chandelier earrings is, they are not worth the resulting flesh wound.
- Having kids has taught me how to be patient.... and reminded me that I was a kid once too.
- when it comes to the phone, sex and movies...kids have STRONG RADARS!Interruptions will happen;-)
- That puke can fly up to 15mph and travel up to 10 feet before landing on your last remaining pair of clean jeans.
- That wearing boogers on your shirt is actually an accessory to most outfits.
- Children have sonar ears and will hear you opening the last candy even when they are supposed to be taking a nap!
- -make a birthday list for relatives or you are sure to get gifts that come with a zillion pieces and are not age appropriate.
- -try really hard to get those kids to go potty before leaving the house...juggling 1 child in my arm & trying to get potty child to not touch the seat is darn near amazing (and so hard on my body)
- -minimize purse contents because they are doomed to be emptied at the most awkward time.
- -don't even bother wearing white anymore- - -
- thanks for this. I love seeing the humor in child raising. having children made me discover my heart, I wouldn't change a thin- except maybe a little more sleep :)
- to carry baby wipes even if your kids have been potty trained for years.
- not to talk about anyone in front of your kids unless you are willing for them to repeat it to them
- I have learned to not say "I will never.......my kids." Cause then 3, 4, or more years later I will.
- I have learned, just because I think I will remember which baby was which in 10 years...it's much safer to label the picture anyway.
- I have learned that small toys, ie. legos, small hot wheel cars, lincoln logs can cause injuries to the feet that last for weeks.
- I have learned that when my 12 year old wants to sit on my lap, to let him. When he is 14 he won't want to so much.
- I have learned that letting her wear her Sunday school dresses to play princess in is worth the extra laundry, in smiles.
- The minute you get on the phone, your house will become a war zone: couch cushions flying, dishes breaking, juice spilled on the floor, bleeding wounds, and all of them screaming louder than should be humanly possible.
- Just wait until they're in bed to make your phone calls. =)