Friday, October 1, 2010

5QF


I would send out a "WHOO-HOO...Thank Goodness It's Friday" thing, but in the "Land of Moms" Friday is just a day. If you are one of those super mythical moms, you might have laundry done and your house sparkles like one of those Twilight guys in the sunlight. (Sad pop culture reference) Around here though, the highlight is "Five Question Friday" with Mama M. I missed it for a couple of weeks and still can't seem to find the time to vlog...but here I am.

Btw...did you know I guest blogged yesterday? I was named Blog Of The Month by Mom Got Blog. I talked about the schedule of the social media mom. You don't want to miss that one...

If you want to play 5 Question Friday, click the button above and you will be able to link up. Just copy the questions below and fill in your answers.

It's like you have hit an "Easy button" or something...


1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

I am pretty sure that I did through some kind of church program or something, but I can't recall who I wrote to.

I know I wrote to my boyfriend daily when he went to college. Long lengthy "I'm-gonna-die-one-more-day-without-you" letters full of hand sketched hearts and lengthy discussions on what our future would be. Discussing our future childrens' names and down to what type of flowers I was going to plant in our little garden behind the white picket fence while our faithful dog looked on and supper was in the oven...

Talk about massive works of fiction, but oh-so-heatbreakingly-true back then. 

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

I want to try the opposite of what I am doing...let me be "Dad" for the day. I want to be the one who comes home to children who are thrilled to see me, who bounces them on my shoulders for half an hour and then sits down to a hot meal...a HOT meal that I get to eat without any interruptions of cleaning up spilled milk, cutting grapes into 1/8ths and having the talk about how we don't discuss body functions at dinner. Speaking of that...the dad gets to laugh at the super cool, rated a 10 on the Richter Scale belch and have all the fun! I want to be the one who gets lost on a road trip and gets to blame the faulty GPS system that clearly showed I was going the wrong way on an unknown road that looked more like a river...Dads...that's where the fun is and the grass is always greener; I know...

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

I know I had one (hopefully my mom will chime in here) but I can't remember one at all. I think I was pretty fearless. I was the one who hid in closets, under beds, etc to scare the pants off my sister. I had no issue with wandering around in the dark, catching creepy-crawlies and would climb to the tops of trees.
It's only since I became an adult and understood the definition of mortality that I have gained "fears"

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

 OK I am going to go "THERE" and sound all wise and stuff...NOTHING you do is a waste of time. Every action has a purpose. What makes it meaningful is your heart and intention behind each action. 


...then I went and looked at Mama M's answer and I have to agree...going to the bathroom is a waste of time and energy. Could we have found a better way to do what "1 &2" does rather than have to stop what we are doing and sit down? There is nothing like having dinner on to cook, 4 burners going full tilt, 3 kids having a meltdown, 2 dogs barking/tearing jack through the house and having to walk away to powder your nose.

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

 A couple of dolls and teddy bear from my childhood. There is also a sundress from when I was 18. I was convinced for the longest time that I would wear it again one day. "One Day" is an imaginary land where everyone loses 25 lbs, has perfect baby skin, the perfect bank account and every dream is a reality. If I ever get a golden ticket to visit "One Day", I will be sure to pack that sundress in my carry on. Until then, it shall hang in the back of my closet behind the flannel robe and "Mom shirts"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think you had any real fears! True, you were pretty fearless in all situations. I don't think it mattered a lot whether it was dangerous to you!You could always make do in any situation-made it hard to find a way to effectively discipline you!

Pennie said...

Ugh. Don't you hate those kind of sundresses? I try to get rid of those things as soon as possible. They make me feel horrible! I say, let's just put clothes that are too BIG into our closets, okay? We can grow INTO them...make ourselves feel TINY. tee hee.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Only reason Friday means anything is now that TRex is in school it means I don't have to get up at frackin' 6AM tomorrow!

Dad for the day....ahhh, the easy life. ;-)

Natalie said...

Pen pals! I totally forgot about having pen pals as kids. My BF moved away and we used to exchange letters all the time! I wish I would've kept them.

I know what you mean about being older and now having fears...they are much different fears than the ones kids usually have, aren't they?

Jennifer Farris said...

Hahaha! Yep, 1 and 2 are complete wastes of time. And I am laughing that you went "there." And I wrote those SAME letters to my boyfriend-now-husband in college.

Amber said...

I had a pen pal who lived in Belarus when I was a little - it was so much fun!

And I have several items in my closet that I will probably only get to where again in "One Day." Man, I am still a little in denial that getting older and having babies changes your body :)

Unknown said...

OMG... those are hillarious. I love the one about the job for the day.. love your description..LOL. I agree with you on the fear part too... I live in CA and I was never afraid of earthquakes until I had 4 kids that I have to run around and try to save plus now I worry about my girls as they driving around late at night after coming home from work or out with friends... Oh how things change.. Loved your 5QF

Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com

Mama M. said...

Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh!! If you get the golden ticket to "One Day", can I please come with?

It sounds so dreamy there.

Glad to have you back, my friend! I hope life is settling down for you a bit...how's the new pup?

MarieElizabeth said...

For all of your creativity, I wanted to pass on a Lovely Blog award to you;
http://theplacesigo-marieelizabeth.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails