Friday, September 4, 2009

Five Question Fridays

Here we go, friends! Our Five Question Friday brought to you by My Little Life (with a Thursday night posting, to facilitate a fellow mama, who's sweet little Belli is having surgery Friday)!!

So...the rules?

Copy and paste the questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code, link up and voila (I soooo wish I could put that cute little accent above the 'o'...or would it be the 'i'?)!! You're hoppin' along with us!

A special thanks to Sandy, Megan Silva and Keely for this week's questions!!

September 4th Questions:

1. The clothing outfit you remember from childhood and why?
Looking back, my favorite outfit was not on particular piece of garb, but rather a whole collection from a certain designer...my mom. She used to make a lot (not all) of our clothes.I remember the trips to Hancock Fabric, picking out the fabric that I wanted, coordinating thread/zippers/buttons and the many tiny holes all over my body from pin sticking fittings. After poking my own sweet children, laboring over a sewing machine, threading those durn needles...I have a great appreciation for the amount of time and love (and utter frustration) that she took to make those outfits.

2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a vet. Then I did a little time in a vet's clinic doing the helping out parts. After almost fainting over a dachshund's hysterectomy, bawling for days over the euthanization of the elderly/dying and cleaning up 80 lbs of poop a day (even though it seems I do that last part now) I realized that the job was not cut out (much like poor Pookie's ovaries) for someone like me. I turned then to wanting to be a writer and still hope to obtain that dream.

3. What is your must have for Fall?
At the first drop of a golden leaf, I begin to turn my eyes towards my toes. This year that may be a little more difficult...let me begin again...turn my eyes towards my toes. The fall crispness leads to desires for hot chocolate and snuggly socks. I pick out the fluffiest, brightest colors and patterns that one can imagine. I love my funky socks for chillier weather.

4. If money were no object, how many kiddos would you really have?
I would have 4 perfectly behaved, mild mannered children. So far I haven't really filled that order with the 2 I currently have and something tells me that the one on the way will be a lot like her sisters. Since the order is incomplete, I suppose we will just keep going; all the while loving the snot out of our starter kits (kids)

5. The best part of your birthing story (other than the beautiful child at the end).
Belly's birth is the one I am choosing for this question. I had so many people in the room with me, I should have charged. I don't know if that would have made me a hooker though...money for diligently watching my wa-hoo? ANYWAYS...my husband, mom, sister and a whole gaggle of nurses (one MISSING ob doctor) were there to welcome my chubby cheeked cherub into the world. It meant a lot to see so many people (and all the ones that came the following day) loving my bundle along with me.






MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Mama M. said...

Once again, laughing my butt off...oh, wait (ROFLMAO)!!!! Your "wa-hoo"...love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails