Wednesday, March 16, 2011

PUSH



Today I am linking up with Shell to "Pour My Heart Out". It's her 1 year anniversary today and you've got to check out all the links and the *ahem* prizes!

Today there was more concrete poured at my house and I wanted to write a word in it before it dried. Something that would speak to me...


Push.
When in labor, this was the word I heard most often. 

Push through the pain.
Push with a purpose.

Push with focus.

Push to bring forth life.

Take a deep breath and push again.

I could think of no better word to inspire me. There are times I need to be reminded to "Push" through each day. Days that I am weary and seemingly have no purpose; what would change if I "pushed"? Taking each day as a birth. The pains will be there, but that is what is required to bring new creation.

So if I leave you one word, it's "PUSH". Then when you get tired; take a deep breath and keep on "PUSHING". Focus on your purpose and nothing else. "PUSH"

There is the off-chance that someone will see it as a literal challenge to "Push" that area on the concrete. I will die laughing and that's good too.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Jessica said...

Love this post and what it says about you, your determination and your sense of humor.

Mama M. said...

That's funny...when I saw "PUSH", I immediately thought of labor, but figured it was because it's what I do for a living!

Loved that I wasn't too far off the mark...and yes, keep pushing. Forging through...making a path.

Even when life is difficult!

LisaAnne said...

PUSH is also an acronym for Pray Until Something Happens.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Beautiful! :)

Adrienne said...

I like the word push as a motivator. Sometime you meet with resistance, even a lot of resistance and you just have to push through it.

Tracie Nall said...

This is so great! Very motivating.

Also, maybe you need a hidden camera set up just in case someone tries to push that concrete!

MamaToots said...

Love the word PUSH! I have a word for this year that I am focusing on and it's BECOME but the way you described PUSH is a little more accurate to where I am right now: I suppose I have to push before I can become. Very inspiring, thank you for sharing. (@toddletoots)

Shell said...

This is such a fabulous reminder!

And LMAO if someone really tried to push through. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love it!

I think I am going to have to borrow your word right now!

Elena @NaynaDub said...

I love this! Very inspiring!

Mom Went Crazy said...

Good for you! Inspiring and funny in one post, hard for most to manage. I'll b thinking of this when I want to PUSH my kids out the window, or PUSH my cat into oncoming traffic or PUSH my husband down the stairs.
I just have to keep on pushing.

Unknown said...

That one little word of yours hit home with me. When I get overwhelmed I tend to freeze and/or give up. Next time I hope I'll push. Maybe I need to write it somewhere too. Like on my husband's forehead?

Heather H said...

Love this message...very timely for me (if you read my PYHO post today, you know why...I need to PUSH through right now). Thanks!

Kir said...

Life is all that isn't it..the PUSH. I loved this, as aways you inspire and lift me up! Thanks for that!!! Xo

Dafeenah said...

So simple and yet so profound. I so hope you post pictures if people start trying to "push" the concrete. lol

diane rene said...

followed from PYHO ...

LOVE this reminder ... it may become my new mantra ;)

Pamela Gold said...

This is incredibly true in every instance of life. This post is going to stick with me for a very long time. I'm so lucky!!!

P.S. I can't wait for you to see people pushing on your driveway.

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

great post. love it! love your inspiration AND your sense of humor ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails