Monday, August 9, 2010

Guest - Kari from The Dating Divas

Today I have a guest post from Kari and The Dating Divas. I am super excited to have her write over here, because I think the world of their site and what they are teaching us married people about love, dating our spouse and having fun!!!





Hello everyone! I am super excited to be guest blogging here at the Crayon Wrangler!! My name is Kari and I have been married to a handsome Basque stud for 7 years now. I absolutely adore my husband, but as the years have gone by I have also realized that I am getting less and less invested in making our dating life fun and exciting. We would definitely be considered as the "dinner and a movie" kind of a couple. Not that we don't enjoy having fun together, but it definitely gets harder to put in the effort of thinking up a fresh date idea when you have so many responsibilities coming down on your shoulders. I felt like we were doing good if we got in dinner and a movie date a couple times a month! (Sad, I know!) So when my good friend, Tara, decided to start up this amazing dating blog - I was all in! I knew this would be a great motivator for me to get out of my dating rut and I have to say that it has drastically changed how my husband and I spend our dating time together. In fact, in all honesty, I would say that it has drastically changed how we communicate with each other on a day-to-day basis. The spark is definitely back in my marriage and I am loving it!




A little about us Dahling girls'...The Dating Divas is a 12-member blogging team that love to date our husbands and have a lot of fun coming up with original, inexpensive and fun dating ideas to do just that. We love what we do and it shows! We have fun creating new dating ideas, crafts, giving marriage tips, ideas for holidays, and SO MUCH MORE! We enjoy dating our hubby's so much that we want to share our ideas with YOU. We love to show him the love!




We know that life can get pretty crazy once you get passed the "honeymoon" stage. We've all been there. It seems that life can take over pretty quickly and get in the way of the most important relationship of all..your marriage! Between careers, kids, church responsibilities, family and friends, home projects and everything else that seems to get in the way, it is hard to take the time to really DATE your spouse. I recently posted an Adventurous Amore date that involved camping out in our backyard. Sometimes it is really hard to find a babysitter or to make your date inexpensive. My date is really centered around the kids being involved for part of it (before bedtime) and also being super inexpensive. I brought back a few of our dating memories and even included a Kiss-a-thon game.











If you aren't in the mood for a camp out, there are plenty of other Adventurous Amore dates for you to try out! Like Lisa P.'s Surprise Date that involves a spinning wheel and miniature golf or Wendy's Spring Olympics which is sure to give you and your honey a good laugh! We have plenty of great date ideas ranging from Kiirsten's ol' Hijack & Kidnap Date (if you really want to give him a good surprise!) to Kristen's Discover a New Town Together Date.





I truly hope that each of you will take a moment to check out our blog. We are full of fun ideas to make dating your spouse exciting and fulfilling. We are all a part of this blog, The Dating Divas, to make your marriage get better and better as the years go by.

Happy Dating!

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for guest blogging here! I'm going to try some of these ideas myself!
Mrs. O
http://itsmylifeandmyjourney.blogspot.com

Katie @ The Kouture Mommy said...

This is great! My husband and I tried to come up with a list of 100 dates for "date night" but I think we only got through like 30 and we still haven't done any of them. I'm definitely going to have to check this out, thanks!

PS. Congrats on Blog of the Day! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a blog. Thanks.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

What a fantastic idea. I so need this. Hubby and I are a dinner and movie kind of couple too. Only it's like once every month or so. Otherwise it's homemade pizza and a movie on the couch.

Off to check out your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails