Monday, June 14, 2010

Anyone Got A Map?

My dearest Readers,

First I want to thank all of you for following along with me over the past 4 years of blogging. From my very first (and most loyal) reader, Knitter; to the hundreds of others who have joined up and laughed along with me.

Since day 1, this blog has been a way for me to journal about our kids, pregnancies, frustration with late talking children, marriage, friendships and everything in-between. I have never really had a direction in my writing, just whatever was on my heart that day. In bloggy terms this is called a "niche". A niche is a place where you belong and other than just being another "mommy blogger", I never really had a niche.

Now that our move to Crayon Ranch is complete, we (you & I) are going to be moving in a new direction and we might need a map. I have always been fascinated by farm life, homesteading and the like, but it never made much sense to do it when we lived in the city with a postage stamp sized yard. We are in wide open spaces now, my friends. A space where you have to journey into town for "provisions".

We are not going to have to buy a buckboard wagon and a team of mules, but we are going to follow the dirt road of our farming hearts. As we move into a new niche of blogging, I will still be writing about our kids, discussing late talking issues, taking care of elderly parents, doing sing-alongs and all the stuff that you are familiar with. Here are some things on the way that you and I will be doing:
  • moving into more of a vlog format
  • learning to can things (butter, veggies, fruits)
  • making our own soap and candles
  • starting a garden
  • raising a farm animal (this will be held off until fencing is in place)
  • food blogging more traditional/home cooked meals
  • and much much more
I am excited to take this journey with you and share what I am learning on my way to becoming the Ultimate Farm Woman (not to be mistaken for Pioneer Woman whose shoes are way too big for me to fill...not saying she has big feet or anything...ah...never mind!) Some of these projects will be things you can do in your own house and many of them I will be vlogging so you can watch my mistakes and learn with me.

Also during this time, because I have vowed to be open and clear with you; I will be enriching my knowledge of social media and blogging through attending conferences and working really hard to make a paycheck with my blogging. I do promise that as we transition together, that I will be no different than I was 4 years ago when I started. I will always deliver you honesty and laughter in all things.

Once again, thank you so much for coming with me in this direction. I am always open to your suggestions of things that you would like to see, get more information on, etc.

Now....BIG HUG....

16 comments:

Megan M. said...

I can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for letting us all come along on this journey with you.

Erin said...

I am so excited for you! A bit jealous (okay a lot jealous!) but I can't wait to see what new things you are going to learn and hopefully I can learn a thing or two along the way!

Jes said...

So excited to take this journey with you!

Ian said...

Four years? Let's see some of these earlier posts yo - and how many you gots in total?

Bethany said...

Hey - sounds great! I also have thought about a niche. I just don't seem to have anything though! Ah, well. I'll figure it out.

Good luck!

S.I.F. said...

I think it sounds like a great new niche Crayon Wrangler! I'm fascinated by farm life too... can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Lula Lola said...

I'll be interested too! I live on a farm, and love making soap and canning! I'm sure you're going to bring something wonderful to the table...uh...monitor!

alicia said...

Sounds exciting. Maybe we can all become a little more domesticated along the way.

eureka! said...

Ohhh I'm super excited!!! :)

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I'm sooo excited to be here for this journey. Wow 4 years..that is totally awesome!!

becomewhatyouare said...

Hey! I'm Knitter!!! :D

I'm always happy to come and see what you have to say... always have been!

love ya!

Mama M. said...

Woo hooo!!! Am I finally gonna be able to talk you into a food VLOG, thumpin' a pepper and all?!!!

Pretty pretty please?!

So excited!!

Cindy said...

Awesome!!! Good luck to you! Can't wait to see what's around the bend.

Kristen said...

what a great turn - looking forward to hearing more of your adventures

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Cannot wait to see what you have to say.

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

Can't wait to read more! I'm visiting from MBC. I signed up to be a new follower. Stop by my blog when you get the chance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails