Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Guest Blogger - OneGirl

Today's guest poster is One Girl. She is a wonderful awesome blogger with some beautiful posts like THIS. She has this to say about herself...

I'm a daughter, a grand-daughter, a sister, a niece, and a friend. I was lost and now I've been found. I've been rescued and am learning to fall in love with my Rescuer. I'm just one girl but I have convictions and things I'm passionate about. I've made many mistakes but have learned many things from those situations. I love to sing, but it's not very likely that you'll hear me singing unless someone else is singing along also. I'm pretty much the whitest dancer ever, but I still love dancing. I also like to act. I love taking pictures and then editing them. I like to read and watch reality shows. Writing is something I've loved for a long time. I write songs and poems, and now I have this blog :) One more thing I love: quotes. I even have a quote book haha! When it comes down to it, I may not be the prettiest, most athletic, most popular girl you'll meet, but I'm me. I've got a family and my Savior. I'm blessed.

Quotes

I like quotes.
They're on my Facebook Info page, on a quote thread I started in a community that I frequent, and I like them enough to include that little piece of information in my About Me. I even have a quote book.
Quotes can be sad, inspiring, powerful, moving, funny, or a combination of all of the above.
What do you say? Would you be proud of the words that come out of your mouth if you were being quoted? Would you be proud of your blog posts if you stopped and thought about the impact your words could have around the world...if someone were to quote your post?
And what do you think about? Because, more often than not, what you think becomes what you say.
"Be careful what you think, it will become what you say. Be careful what you say, it will become what you do. Be careful what you do, it will become a habit. Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character. Your character is everything." (author unknown)
Quotes say a lot about a person. From this quote I can tell that Albert Einstein was probably a humble and persistent person:
"It's not that I'm smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
Martin Luther King clearly realized that repaying evil with evil doesn't help anyone. I know this because of this quote:
"You know the saying "an eye for an eye" just leaves everyone blind."
Henry Ford knew a little something about not giving up. Two famous quotes made by him are:
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind, not with it." And, "If you think you can or think you can't, you're right."
My question to you is this: Would you be okay with people quoting you?
I'm not here to make you feel bad or guilty for the words that come out of your mouth (or the words that spill from your fingers onto your computer screens). If anyone is guilty, it's me. I want to challenge you, though. Speak (and write) in such a way that you would be thrilled to pieces to discover someone had quoted you.
A few closing quotes to (hopefully!) brighten your day. :)
"That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful." -Ninon de L'Enclos
"The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it." -Thomas S. Monson
"When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad, they have to get better." -Malcolm Forbes
"I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet." -Reon Schutte
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." (multiple people have said this or written books about this)
"Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of. You might bend till you break cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong. Wipe your hands, shake it off. Then you stand." -Rascal Flatts

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what happened with the format of the post...but thanks for letting my guest post on your blog!

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Wonderful post.. I like quotes...

Debbie's L'bri skincare blog
http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/

L'Bri is an aloe based skincare program. Most company's first ingredient is water. In our skincare products aloe is the first ingredient. Aloe is very healing to the skin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails