Sunday, June 6, 2010

Country Fried

After about 9 months of house selling, renovating and buying; we are finally done and are now country-fried. 9 long, agonizing months...same amount of time of a pregnancy. Maybe I should have requested an epidural before closing and the "baby" was ours.

The "baby" sits atop a hill where a breeze is always blowing, surrounded by trees, trees and more trees and 20 acres of that is now home to the Scribblers. I have spent the past week (with much help from my family) getting settled in, furniture arranged and walls painted (my sis really rocks a paint brush) We have learned that coyotes will serenade us every night if we listen, wild turkeys can actually fly some and are highly aggressive to the family pet, shoes are meant only for going to town, sunsets are more vivid, millions of twinkly stars outshine the brightest city light post and that mowing more than 2 acres with no sunscreen will leave you "country-fried"

Thank you to each of you who followed my story and sent prayers and well wishes. I can't wait to show you pictures of everything (we must think of a clever name for this dream home) but that would mean that I would have to figure out which box my USB cable got placed in (probably in the same box as the Q-tips and Seasoning Salt)

I want to thank all of my guest posters this last week. Ya'll had some wonderful posts and it was an honor to get to feature each one of you! (Can I get an "Amen?") I have a few more of you who offered to guest post about the time my internet was severed for a while. I believe I have gotten back to each of you and we will work out another guest posting session from time to time. If you haven't heard back from me...write me back, it got kind of hectic and I lost track of everything for a little while.

SO....that's all from my dirt road. Hopefully I will have pictures by tomorrow!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so happy that you're in your new home and I can't wait to see pictures.

Maybe you could call it Crayon Ranch....

Mama M. said...

Oooooh, I like Kate's idea! Or...the Circle C Ranch!

Wishing I could have sweet tea with you and a breeze on your front porch!! In spirit, right?!!

Bethany said...

You make it sound like Heaven, and I bet it is just that! Congratulations, and I am so, so happy for you!

Cascia Talbert said...

I am so jealous! I would love to live in the country like that.

Congratulations on your new home and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Lucy and Ethel said...

As a former big-city Texas gal in the rural mountains of North Carolina, I can relate to your awe even after 14+ years. Life will never be the same :)

Lucy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails