Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful


Today I am participating in "Thankful Thursdays" brought to you by The Nut House.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for...

  • 6 half used jars of peanut butter and 8 barely used jars of jelly that are cluttering up the pantry. It means that we have been blessed and my family has enough to eat.
  • The fact that I could find no cold medicine for my splitting sinus headache. It means that my family has been healthy this year.
  • The radio station that dropped the F-bomb this morning that I quickly changed before my children repeated it. It means I live in a country that celebrates its freedoms and all the men/women who sacrificed their lives to ensure that I have those freedoms.
  • The slight feeling of dread at the loud chaos that will take over tonight as 6 adults and 5 children sit down to devour a turkey. It means that I have been blessed with lots of family.
  • The chair that will be empty this year. It means that my Nana no longer suffers, has no pain, no need for wet towels for her head, no frustrations of earthly binds and is celebrating in heaven with her Maker. It also means missing someone means loving them.
  • The traditional gravy that always makes me gag a little. It means that my mother loves us enough to keep with tradition and its always good for a little ribbing year after year.
  • The headache of trying to find the perfect house and piece of land to raise my children. It means that we have been blessed enough in our finances that we have the opportunity to provide.
  • The 8 shirts that need to be ironed for The Man. It means that I have a husband to care for that cares for me.
  • The fight that will start as I try to chase down my girls and get them dressed to leave. It means that my children have plenty of energy and independence.
  • The swollen ankles, sore hips and protruding belly. It means that God has blessed our family with another child to love.
  • My email box and text messages that are full and running down my cell phone battery. It means I live in a time where technology allows me to reach out and connect with family and friends. It also means that someone out there cares that I get a student loan and have white teeth.

6 comments:

Keely said...

I am thankful that I get to read your awesome posts!

Happy Thanksgiving A!!

Working Mommy said...

Happy Turkey Day!!

~Working Mommy
Come on by, stay for a while and leave a comment or two!!

Angelia (Texas) said...

That was crazy beautiful. Very humbling to read the little things you give thanks for. Awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mama M. said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!! You have such a great way of putting humor in such touching things!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I love the way you turned even the smallest things into a wonderful blessing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hazel Nut said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

You have such a way with words, I laughed and cried. I am so Thankful my husband got off the computer so I could come and read your awesomeness. And I am Thankful I found your blog and have gotten to know you.

Thanks for joining my Thankful Thursdays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails