Friday, November 27, 2009

Five Question Friday

My Little Life

Happy Black Friday, my friends!!! Anyone still recovering?!

Well, it may be Black Friday, but it's also Five Question Friday!!! Whoo-hooo!!! The blog carnival that poses quirky, fun questions so we can get to know each other better!! And, you know...have a chance to answer quirky, fun questions about ourselves!

I mean...who doesn't love that?!!

Da rulez...copy the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky blog hop code, and link up!! I'd lurve it if you'd link back to Mama M!!

Don't have a blog, but wanna participate?

Feel free to answer the questions in the comments below!!

All righty then...let's get started!

Questions for November 27th: (Thanks to Adrienne and Tyler for their question suggestions!!)

1.
Do you do a real or fake Christmas tree?

We use a fake Christmas tree. I do very well (most of the time) with remembering to feed the children, water the dog and keep their mess cleaned up without having to remember to water a tree in the house and the pine needles...I did not like the shag carpet when I was growing up, why would I want a pine needle infused shag carpet now. Nope...that's not going to match the drapes.

2.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition with your family?

My favorite tradition is turning on the Christmas music, Christmas movies and putting up the Christmas decorations. I love the beginning of the Christmas season and the anticipation that the holiday brings with young children. Of course, by the day after Christmas I will be more than ready to pick up the Santa puke (boxes, wrapping paper, bows, tags, broken ornaments and random sprinkling of tinsel) and wait another year to do it again.

3. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods? And, if so...how many calories do you think you consumed yesterday?

We celebrate Thanksgiving with a hearty gung-no-ness (maybe not a word) Standard calorie consumption counting is not allowed. I mean, come on, who really needs to deal with the guilt? We rather watch to see who is going to wimp out and stop at going back for 3rds. If you can't eat 5lbs of mac & cheese, then take your pitiful stomach and go home.

4. Have you started decorating for Christmas, yet?

I didn't want to, really...I wanted to wait until the bloat from the turkey had worn off; but The Man talked the 4 yo into giving me THE EYES and begging for the Christmas tree. Did you see that?? THE EYES...Oh heavens THE EYES...

5. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?


I love the platters of all the bite sized cookies that are all shaped and decorated differently. I like the mock anger over who gets the green sprinkled trees with the chocolate coating on the back. I love that we defend our right to the last white powdered cresent cookie. I love the fact that the family gathers around the platter, each staking its claim on their favorite cookie and start pulling out the stops over what is rightfully theirs.


MckLinky Blog Hop



8 comments:

Mama M. said...

I love platters of Christmas cookies...bestill my heart!! I can only imagine "THE EYES"!!! They look like they'd get anything!! ;)

Keely said...

My kids have been begging to put up Christmas decorations for weeks..They have yet to give me the eyes..They wouldn't work me..

Cookie platters yum-O!

Linda said...

Oh yes,...the Christmas Movies...I forgot to mention that on my post. I like all of the Hallmark ones!

Things are different now that we are Empty Nesters...we usually have the family Christmas gathering just before or just after Christmas,... so the actual Christmas day is pretty quiet here and I do turn on the Christmas movies!

Kate said...

I can't count the number of times I've gotten suckered into something because one of the kids gave me The Eyes.

Kate said...

I can't count the number of times I've gotten suckered into something because one of the kids gave me The Eyes.

Melanie said...

Oh! The platters of cookies! I am not too picky when it comes to what kind of Christmas cookies are my fave. I love them all!

Tyler said...

hahaha... santa puke! Thats great. Thats really how you feel when its all said and done though. Have fun pulling all your stuff out and hanging with the fam :)

Helga said...

I can't believe you got suckered with the eyes :o) Hahaha I am going to start decorating in the next few days too, I would have started but I had my Aunt visiting for Thanksgiving. I looove Christmas cookies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails