Monday, November 16, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

  1. I got new carpet last week. The instructions given to me by the installers to prepare was to have all shelves, tops of furniture and small items on the floor cleared before they got to my house at 9:30am. When they got to my house at 8am I did not just shrug my shoulders and say "You came early, you deal with it." I always try to make everyone's job as easy as I can.
  2. When my mother-in-law decided to pop over and be nosy to see how the carpet looked with 5 minutes notice, I did not kick everything into the master bedroom and then put the dog in there, knowing that she hates my dog and wouldn't open that door to nose around in there seeing my mess.
  3. While at a public function, I did not have to use the restroom along with 30 other women (what is up with everyone having to go at the same time?) They took one look at my enormous belly and let me pass in front of everyone to go first. I did not almost joyfully skip to the stall, knowing I was putting everyone else in bladder agony.
  4. I did not notice that the kids' Halloween candy was getting low and put their vitamins in there for them to choose to eat. (BTW, it worked!)
  5. I did not decide to be lazy and not iron my husband's uniform; instead putting it in the bathroom and turning the water on to steam it. If I did something like that, I know I would have been smart enough to make sure that the stopper was not in. Sure, I know I would have been at least that smart before I flooded the brand new tile floor.
  6. When my husband caught me mopping the floor up, I did not blame the children.
  7. I did not then send him to work with a damp shirt on because it steamed way too long.
  8. I did not fall in love with a sandwich from a delivery place and have it delivered 4 days last week. If I was going to do something like that, I would have had restraint and just ordered one sandwich per delivery, not 3...not me.
  9. I would never use this platform, when I know it gets a lot of traffic to direct you to a totally funny blog post I read here recently. I would not yell at you to "CHECK IT OUT"

9 comments:

CharityVL said...

I'm hungry. What was the delicious sandwich place? Or was it local? And the steaming instead of ironing never works for me.

So Who Is The Crayon Wrangler? said...

The sandwich is called a "Cuban"
The sandwich is made with ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, and sometimes salami on Cuban bread.

It's a local joint. I hear you make good cookies though, so I will trade you!

Unknown said...

That was hilarious! (Yours and Jenny's.) The sandwich sounds disgusting to me--way too much meat, but what do I know?

Bethany said...

I have to agree with jmberrygirl. That sandwich does sound a little off. :)

Thanks for linking to that sight. Hilarious.

Pam said...

Thank you so much for your post on McMama's community and stopping by. It means sooooo much that some one out there understands.

In Him
Doula Mama Pam

MS Mom said...

AH Yes....#5 - Last Monday (pre blog) It was NOT ME who forgot to tell my husband to change the iron from "cotton" to a lower setting BEFORE he attempted to iron his polyester blend uniform --- hence - a hole burned in the middle of it......a husband very angry at himself......and me wondering why I thought he would know better..........

Jamie H said...

I love your blog and follow your blog. Don't know why I don't comment more often. It's my New Year's resolution a little early to start commenting more often :)

Unknown said...

I don't know about the salami, but the Cuban sounds awesome to me! Go ahead, girl, let that baby have whatever he/she wants to eat. BTW, do you know what you're having or do you like the surprise?

Chasity said...

You're post is so funny. Sounds like a day in my life. Hope you are having a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails