Friday, November 20, 2009

5 Question Friday

Five Question Friday! 11/20

My Little Life

Holy time warp, batladies!!

This week just flew by with lightening speed! But, that means it's time once again for Five Question Friday! The fun, awesome blog carnival that let's us get to know one another with random, fun questions! Hope you'll join in!

Here's the rules: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer the questions, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code, and link up! Then, hop around and check out other fabulous bloggers! Oh, and...I'd love it if you'd link back to Mama M.!!

Don't have a blog but wanna join in?

Simply leave your answers in the comments!

Okay, here we go...

Questions for Friday, November 20th: (Special thanks this week to Liz, Heidi, Adrienne, Tyler, and Keely for their question suggestions, or inspiration!!)

1.
Are you a Black Friday shopper?


With Black Friday only being one month before Christmas, I would never wait until that day to shop. It's important to know what family/friends want way ahead of time and prepare accordingly.
That being said, my shopping usually takes place on Christmas Eve.

2.
What was your favorite childhood toy? (Think Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kid, Shrinky Dinks, etc.)

My favorite toy was my Pound Puppy. There was just something about the adorable, cheaply made face with the nose that fell off. Add to that the TV show that starred "My" Pound Puppy. It was heaven to own a celebrity.

3.
Favorite Christmas movie?

Holiday Inn.

4.
What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?


Getting to spend the day at home with my family. I am super paranoid that I will be in the hospital delivering. It's not the Christmas baby that concerns me, but the hospital food version of Christmas dinner that is giving me the shudders.

5.
Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?


Classy? Not a word we use around here when it comes to decorations. Cheap, plastic, made in China and easily replaceable is more like it. The time will come for a Lennox nativity and glass ornaments, that time is not with 2 small children and a dog.


MckLinky Blog Hop


12 comments:

Unknown said...

You crack me up. My very first toy was a Pound Puppy and Oh! I loved him! (Don't know why it was a him, but it was. I also had several "male" dolls, who were actually as gender-neutral as the day is long... weird. Guess that's what happens when you pray for a sister and get a brother instead.)

Brianne said...

Yes you are right!!! My pound puppy's nose fell off. I remember the traumatic day it happened. I was sick and home from school, and my dads mom was watching me and I was standing in the kitchen with her while she made me some food and I dropped the dog on the tile and his nose came flying off. I was devastated. Thank you for making me re-live that awful moment!! :)

Mama (Heidi) said...

I forgot about my pound puppy. Mine kept his nose, but lost his stuffing right out of his backside. Don't ask..

Keely said...

I "heart" pound puppies..

I still have one...and he still has his nose..Oh yeah!!

Megan M. said...

I totally forgot my Pound Puppies and Pound Purries!! I think I still have all of mine... Gonna have to go digging, now...

Tyler said...

Oh I sure hope for your sake that little one comes a few days before christmas(not to many days before we dont want her here to early) or after. That would be the best present anyone could ask for but def. the worst christmas dinner:)

I had a few pound puppies too!! I had totally forgot about that.. oh the memories! Have a good weekend girl

Laura said...

Holy funny-ness! I love the Christmas Eve shopping, actually if you think aboutit it's a good idea, only men out and no women which means no cat fights. :) A baby...how FUN!! Someone would bring you some decent food in the hospital wouldn't they?? Love your blog so cute!!

Beth P. said...

Oh no! Hospital food at Christmas?! Surely some little elf would smuggle you in some home-made goodness!

I completely agree about the decorations. I only have one and I'm very nervous about the fate of our tree this year.

Mama M. said...

I totally don't believe that there will ever come a time in your life for Lennox nativities and china...not unless you remain far, far away from them!! Nice try, blaming it on the kids and the dogs!! Love ya, girl...and loved your Black Friday answer!!! ;)

Mama Bee said...

You are too funny!! Love your response to the first question!! I had a Pound Puppy too, I totally forgot about them until you said that. Mine was the white one with black and brown spots. One of my brothers had the brown one with black apots... funny I can remember what they looked like now!!

Helga said...

Loved your answers. You are so funny!!! Christmas eve shopper LOL

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Pound puppies! I loved them. I had a pound kitty, too. I forgot all about how awesome they were.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails