Monday, November 23, 2009

Check In, Check up. Check Out

Funny how life revolves around "checks", ain't it. Whether it is a check in the mail, needing to check up on something, checking someone's diaper, getting a check up or getting something done and checking it off your list.

Checks and balances dude.

My checks for the day are.

Check in the mail: Nope, but I am still hoping for that ring at my doorbell; only to open the door in my house robe and someone sticks cameras, roses and a gigantic check in my face. It could happen.

Checked on something: Called the Realtor to check on the availability of dream home. Check it off the list. Seems as though there was a HUGE miscalculation in the square footage (we are talking about 500 sq ft off...hello, someone is a dunce with the measuring tape) and a gravity fed spring that appears to be having a lot of problems. I may want to go back a couple of decades in simplicity but I am not going Full Laura Ingalls Wilder and pumping my own bath water. Thankyouverymuch indoor plumbing for me.

Check up: Went into the OB today and get my check up and ultrasound. They did the echocardiogram with it's pretty red and blue colors and she was coloring good (or that is a heck of a cold front coming on a radar - that's what those look like to me) and her heart is checking GREAT! No VSD worries. We got a few pictures but Baby Bigfoot is burrowed down, locked and loaded or whatever term you like and we couldn't get a good pic of her face (mainly because her shins were in the way. Can we say CRAMPED lodging?) We did however see that she already has fat rolls and lots of fuzzy hair. She is edging on 5 lbs and is doing breathing movements constantly. Someone find a fork...this bun is about done! I have begun to consider buying her diapers and such...you know, it appears that this birth is just beyond the horizon and maybe having a little more than one outfit and an empty dresser drawer is in order. Perhaps I will get the bassinet out of the attic and dust it off...wait, I don't really have to dust it off since we just got done with it! We have hardly let the bassinet mattress get cold before we have stuck another newborn in it.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

I want to send a "SHOUT OUT" to all my new followers that have joined up and grabbed a crayon. I appreciate you taking the time to read about my little life.
I also have gotten several awards from different blogs. I will acknowledge those soon and I appreciate them.

Now for my last "check"....I am off to check on a certain somebody's diaper.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Your blog is good for the soul. I can't wait to see baby bigfoot. Fat rolls already? I think I'm jealous. Have fun checkin' that diaper. :)

Tyler said...

So glad everything went well!! Off to check a certain someones diaper myself and then check mommy duty the list for the day ;)

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

Unknown said...

Too funny. Thanks for sharing. House hunts are the devil. Can't imagine being pregnant and having to deal with it. I finally told my realtor to tell my husband to pick aplace and I would just deal with it!

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Hey, I'm about to go check a diaper as well! Just got a whiff of something.... ;-)

Mama (Heidi) said...

Hey just peeping on you. Wanted to let you know there is a little something something on my blog for you.

glitterbygrammie said...

New to reading blogs and enjoying all that I am finding.
I really enjoy reading from people all over the world or right in my back yard.
Thanks I better go check my dishwasher to see if it is done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails