Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Little Eyes


Little Eyes, what do you see as you gaze into my own,
Do you know that even if you can't see me, that you are not alone?

Can you see the angels that are watching from above,
Can you see in my eyes the strength of my love?

Little Eyes that squint against the brightness of the day,
That close in contentment as on my chest you lay.

From your little eyes may not one tear drop fall,
May your little eyes sparkle always with the wonder of it all.

Little Eyes, may you never have to see sadness and pain,
I pray you always see the beauty after the rain.

Through this life you may not be able to see me with your eyes,
But carry my love, my little one, tucked deep inside.



8 comments:

Keely said...

You are so good!! You really, really are! That was great!

Tyler said...

girl you are an awesome blogger!! When you go big just dont forget all your @imaginaryfriend :)

Hugs to you and bitsy (and the other two girlies)

Helga said...

Tear :'o) That was so beautiful. Bitsy is soo dang cute. I wish I could hold her and smell her little head :o) I love babies!

Shannon K. said...

Very thoughtfully written...you have wonderful inspiration in that little darling.

*Jess* said...

That brought a smile to my face :) I needed that tonight!

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

*sign* you are the best! Love this post too. You write such beautiful things and they flow so well. You really have a gift. :-)

Working Mommy said...

What a beautiful poem - and picture to match!!

~WM

color correction of photographs said...

Cute baby....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails